10 Questions You May ask About Our Transmission Rebuilding Classes
1. What will I learn about a transmission? You will learn how to disassemble and assemble a transmission.
2. How long is this training class? One - two years, the length of the training is based on each individual skill level, but the goal is to get the trainees qualified to work full-time in the transmission warehouse.
3. Will I be a certified transmission rebuilder? No, you do not need to be certified to rebuild a transmission, but you need to be able to rebuild and certify a transmission. In the future, we will purchase a dyno tester machine to certified our rebuilt transmission all work. But the transmission warehouse will have their own certification for our transmission rebuilders.
4. Why is this training program better than other trade schools in the area? When you complete our transmission rebuilding classes you can get a full-time job in our transmission warehouse. I attended Lincoln Tech Institute and when I graduated, I had to find my own job, cleaning up a transmission shop. Most auto trade schools only introduce you to the automotive field and we do in-depth, hands-on training.
5. Do you need any transmission experience? The only thing you need to be is focused and interested in rebuilding transmission and we will teach you the rest.
6. Do I have time for this training class? You can have a full-time job and the training class is only one night a week for 4 hours on Thursday nights.
7. Can I afford the classes? We have a very affordable price of $200.00 a month compared to a lot of other auto training classes and compare what you get for your money. When you learn how to rebuild a transmission you can qualify for the paid internship program, where you get paid to rebuild one to three transmissions a week and we do offer a payment plan.
8. Will I be getting really greasy and dirty rebuilding transmissions? No, you will not work on any vehicles at all at a transmission warehouse, you might work around some transmission fluid disassembling a transmission, but when reassembling a transmission all the parts are clean.
9. When I get to be an experienced rebuilder, how much can I make? An experienced rebuilder makes about $1500.00 to $2000.00 a week.
10. When I finish my training can I find a job somewhere else? Most likely not, a lot of the dealership and transmission shop are ordering remanufactured transmissions from the west coast and the goal is that you work for us! We are the only in-house transmission rebuilding warehouse on the east coast.